|Platform Operations Engineer|
|CFC is a specialist insurance provider and a pioneer in emerging risk. With a track record of disrupting inefficient insurance markets, CFC uses proprietary technology to deliver high-quality products to market faster than the competition while making it easier for brokers to do business. Our broad range of commercial insurance products are purpose-built for today’s risks, and we aim to give our customers everything they need in one, easy-to-understand policy.
With 450 employees and headquartered in London, CFC serves more than 100,000 businesses in over 80 countries. We’re privately held and growing faster than any of our competitors in the market.
Although insurance is a serious business, our culture isn’t too corporate, and we never take ourselves too seriously. We invest heavily in the learning and development of our people and enjoy a fast-paced working atmosphere that is friendly, supportive, and fun.
|CFC IT Infrastructure resides primarily with Azure and O365. As part of the ongoing service improvement we are looking for an individual who has a highly Microsoft centric technical ability, skills in cloud technologies and an ability to deliver good customer service.
In this role, you will be responsible for the configuration support and administration of the IT Infrastructure in a senior role. Focusing primarily in the area of infrastructure & desktop services you’ll oversee both technical and service issues, ensuring as part of a team you perform in line with business requirements and objectives.
You will be expected to:
• Be responsible for IT Infrastructure Services including escalating to a 3rd party where necessary.
• Work either individually or part of a team to maintain, monitor & support on-premise and cloud infrastructure.
• Be a point of escalation for other team members.
• Following policies and procedures, as well as recommending improvements.
• Participate in planning efforts, recommending solutions.
• Provide out-of-hours support as agreed.
• Have a security focused mindset
|• Ensure the uptime of infrastructure services.
• Be able to understand and articulate the risk and impact of any change. Ensure all changes are delivered on time and according to the defined change process.
• Support and collaborate within the TechOps team to ensure services meet and exceed business expectation.
• Always look to implement IT security best practices.
• Knowledge share with the wider team and produce documentation.
• Analyse and understand systems to be able to recommend improvements.
• Support IT Management with Business Continuity and Disaster recovery plans, ensuring systems are protected in accordance with agreed RTOs and RPOs. When required participant in BCP\DR scenario testing.
• Troubleshoot incidents and problems, analysing root cause and proposing solutions.
• Work as a small team and successfully manage your own tasks according to the larger needs of the business.
• Understand the compliance impact on solutions and their delivery
• Champion the team and produce presentations to show the benefits of work accomplished
• Responsible for implementing projects from design to deployment and handover
• Be responsible for the IT security posture
• Produce a ‘business case’ including option and cost analysis
• Act as an SME for core services
• Be able to produce LLD & HLD documents and present to the team and wider IT department
|The skills required are defined by a ‘cloud first’ approach.
At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role. Strong technical (administrative/configuration/implementation/design) knowledge of the following (including certification in three or more):
• Azure, Active Directory and O365 including:
o Hybrid O365/Exchange Online
o AD/AAD services
o SharePoint Online
o OneDrive for Business
o MS Teams
o Azure MFA
o Azure Infrastructure & Networking
• Citrix & WVD
• Microsoft Windows Server 2008-2016
• VPN solutions
• Network technologies and administration
• Cyber Security
|• A relevant degree with IT/Technology or equivalent professional certifications|