|Life Science Underwriter|
CFC is a specialist insurance provider and a pioneer in emerging risk. With a track record of disrupting inefficient insurance markets, CFC uses proprietary technology to deliver high-quality products to market faster than the competition while making it easier for brokers to do business. Our broad range of commercial insurance products are purpose-built for today’s risks, and we aim to give our customers everything they need in one, easy-to-understand policy.
Headquartered in London, CFC serves more than 70,000 businesses in over 80 countries. We’re privately held and growing faster than any of our competitors in the market.
Although insurance is a serious business, our culture isn’t too corporate and we never take ourselves too seriously. We are ‘one-team’ and enjoy a culture of openness and encouragement. We invest heavily in the learning and development of our people and enjoy a fast-paced working atmosphere that is friendly, supportive, and fun.
|You will play a key role in the growth of a truly international book of life science business in what is considered an emerging risks area. Daily you will be working with the team leader and provide support in the technical underwriting training of more junior underwriters.
At a high level, risks associated with the life sciences, include injury to persons as a result of consuming or use of a product or as a result of a service rendered, unintentional damage to property as a result of a product used, negligent acts from services rendered and repercussions as a result of breach of contractual duties.
We invest heavily in the learning and development of our people and enjoy a fast-paced working atmosphere that is friendly, supportive, and fun. The team leader expects to see a curiosity to develop an understanding of complex risks as well as an ability to prioritise effectively.
The role includes business development and building relationships with brokers and in time will involve a degree of travel. You will be expected to support the team in achieving its new business growth targets and retention of renewal premium.
The successful candidate will enjoy the variety and breadth that this role offers, being equally comfortable underwriting technical risks as they are developing business and working on new products. Whilst prior experience with life science risks isn’t essential, you’ll have a keen interest in this area or interest and aptitude to learn.
|• Respond to and manage enquiries from brokers in a timely and professional manner, producing new and renewals quotations within agreed SLAs;
• Proactively develop and seek out new business opportunities, building strong broker relationships to create profitable Life Sciences business;
• Explain the features, advantages and benefits of Life Sciences insurance products, coverage enhancements, support product launches and raise awareness of new and existing products;
• Deliver internal and external presentations on CFC products, key trends and emerging exposures;
• Research with a mind to develop subject matter expertise in Life Sciences and investigate relevant legislation/regulation/compliance issues within our target markets;
• Provide guidance and support to junior members of the Life Sciences underwriting team on technical queries;
• Support and contribute to team projects (e.g. enhancements to product offering, launch of new products, systems, policies and processes etc.);
• Contribute effectively to team performance standards and new business / renewal targets; and
• Attend business trips as required.
|• Articulate and influential - you’re naturally comfortable presenting to small and large groups;
• You’re highly analytical - applying logic and critical thinking to analyse complex risks;
• You have strong numeracy and communication skills (both verbal and written);
• You’re confident and self-driven and enjoy working to deadlines and targets;
• Proficient in the use of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook);
• Above all you’re a team player!
|• Degree level education (2:1 or better) preferred but not essential;
• Minimum Cert of Dip CII certification, although ACII preferred.
|Love what you do:
We show up each day ready to take on the world. Our passion and intensity set us apart and makes the difference to our colleagues, customers, brokers and carriers.
We’re never afraid to question the way that things are done and we constantly challenge ourselves and others to makes things better.
Have fun, be good:
Insurance is a serious business, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We make it fun to work at CFC, we welcome all viewpoints, and we treat everyone how we would expect to be treated.