|CFC is a specialist insurance provider and a pioneer in emerging risk. With a track record of disrupting inefficient insurance markets, CFC uses proprietary technology to deliver high-quality products to market faster than the competition while making it easier for brokers to do business. Our broad range of commercial insurance products are purpose-built for today’s risks, and we aim to give our customers everything they need in one, easy-to-understand policy.
Headquartered in London and backed by Lloyd’s, CFC serves more than 70,000 businesses in over 80 countries. We’re privately held and growing faster than any of our competitors in the market.
Although insurance is a serious business, our culture isn’t too corporate and we never take ourselves too seriously. We are ‘one-team’ and enjoy a culture of openness and encouragement. We invest heavily in the learning and development of our people and enjoy a fast-paced working atmosphere that is friendly, supportive, and fun.
|You will work closely with the Actuary and the Insight Team to provide exploratory and investigative analysis across a wide range of products.
You will have the opportunity to design experiments, analyse proof of concepts and make proposals to senior management.
You will have the opportunity to actively engage with all our underwriting teams, working with them on the technical aspects of portfolio optimisation.
The data science team is a modest sized team so you will be able to have an immediate and very visible impact on the business.
|• Work closely with your business to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making
• Build algorithms and design experiments to merge, manage, interrogate and extract data to supply tailored reports to colleagues, customers or the wider organization
• Use machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce solutions to problems
• Maintain clear and coherent communication, both verbal and written, to understand data needs and report results
• Create clear reports that tell compelling stories about how customers or clients work with the business
• Assess the effectiveness of data sources and data-gathering techniques and improve data collection methods
• Conduct research from which you'll develop prototypes and proof of concepts
• Maintain and update stochastic analyses on our portfolio of insurance products.
|• Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills;
• Very high attention to detail and accuracy of work;
• Very strong analytical and numeracy skills;
• Excellent organisational skills;
• Ability to operate under pressure and identify and meet tight deadlines;
• In-depth knowledge of R or Python;
• Strong knowledge of SQL, VBA and MS Office skills.
• SQL or other database/programming experience strongly desirable.
|• Maths, Science or Engineering degree
• A strong grade in Maths A-Level is essential.