|CFC is a specialist insurance provider and a pioneer in emerging risk. With a track record of disrupting inefficient insurance markets, CFC uses proprietary technology to deliver high-quality products to market faster than the competition while making it easier for brokers to do business. Our broad range of commercial insurance products are purpose-built for today’s risks, and we aim to give our customers everything they need in one, easy-to-understand policy.
Headquartered in London and backed by Lloyd’s, CFC serves more than 70,000 businesses in over 80 countries. We’re privately held and growing faster than any of our competitors in the market.
Although insurance is a serious business, our culture isn’t too corporate and we never take ourselves too seriously. We are ‘one-team’ and enjoy a culture of openness and encouragement. We invest heavily in the learning and development of our people and enjoy a fast-paced working atmosphere that is friendly, supportive, and fun.
|You will work closely with the Portfolio Manager to provide effective reporting and analysis to our management, underwriting teams and carriers.
You will have the opportunity to actively engage with all our underwriting teams, working with them on the technical aspects of individual underwriting projects and portfolio optimisation.
The underwriting management team is a modest sized team so you will be able to have an immediate and very visible impact on the business.
|• You will analyse underwriting performance analysis across multiple business lines;
• Be responsible for producing effective and accurate MI to agreed deadlines;
• You will produce high quality reports to monitor KPIs and key metrics;
• Respond to requests for and production of ad hoc reports;
• Maintain and update stochastic analyses on our portfolio of insurance products.
|• Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills;
• Very high attention to detail and accuracy of work;
• Very strong analytical and numeracy skills;
• Excellent organisational skills;
• Ability to operate under pressure and identify and meet tight deadlines;
• Strong IT literacy with solid SQL and MS Office skills, particularly in Excel (including VBA).
• SQL or other database/programming experience strongly desirable.
|• Maths, Science or Engineering degree
• A strong grade in Maths A-Level is essential.