|DevOps Engineer (Grade 2)|
|CFC is a specialist insurance provider and a pioneer in emerging risk. With a track record of disrupting inefficient insurance markets, CFC uses proprietary technology to deliver high-quality products to market faster than the competition while making it easier for brokers to do business. Our broad range of commercial insurance products are purpose-built for today’s risks, and we aim to give our customers everything they need in one, easy-to-understand policy.
Headquartered in London, CFC serves more than 70,000 businesses in over 80 countries. We’re privately held and growing faster than any of our competitors in the market.
Although insurance is a serious business, our culture isn’t too corporate and we never take ourselves too seriously. We are ‘one-team’ and enjoy a culture of openness and encouragement. We invest heavily in the learning and development of our people and enjoy a fast-paced working atmosphere that is friendly, supportive, and fun.
|Technology is a key differentiator to the CFC business. After investing heavily during the last couple of years to build our technology function, we now need to look at driving greater efficiency and a faster delivery of value.
The role of DevOps Engineer is wide ranging, including infrastructure centric aspects of Cloud Architecture and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) through to optimising the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) using techniques such as Lean and BDD.
Key to driving our technology strategy forwards you will implement practises and approaches that drive throughput and enable the business to test new products, pricing & capabilities rapidly out in the marketplace.
|• In conjunction with the Engineering and Development teams, help us evolve our Azure cloud infrastructure in a safe, reliable, automated and cost-effective manner enabling the business to deploy products and capabilities rapidly
• Enable others do their jobs more efficiently by identifying and implementing new processes, approaches and technologies (for example CI/CD best practices, Infrastructure as Code etc.)
• Help create and build the Technology Target state
• Be a core player in the Cloud & DevOps Engineering space at CFC, focusing on providing platforms and capabilities for others to use
• Participate in planning efforts with stakeholders and IT department
• Help define and enforce security guidelines for engineering work
• On failure events, work on fixing the issues and communicating with senior members of the team
• Work as part of a small team and successfully manage your own tasks according to the larger needs of the business;
|• Enterprise experience of Azure
• Excellent understanding of SDLC best practices, especially relating to modern CI/CD
• Excellent understanding of Infrastructure as Code / Desired State Configuration (Terraform, Ansible, etc)
• Good understanding of SQL database concepts and management
• Experience with containers (Kubernetes) / service mesh / orchestration is a plus
• Experience implementing and working with SRE concepts
• Good understanding of Azure DevOps, especially in relation to automation and yaml pipelines
• Excellent understanding of DevOps-centric concepts
• Good general infrastructure knowledge, including networking basics
• Good general development skills
|• A relevant degree with IT/Technology or equivalent professional certifications|