|Emerging Risks Assistant Claims Adjuster|
CFC is a specialist insurance provider and a pioneer in emerging risk. With a track record of disrupting inefficient insurance markets, CFC uses proprietary technology to deliver high-quality products to market faster than the competition while making it easier for brokers to do business. Our broad range of commercial insurance products are purpose-built for today’s risks, and we aim to give our customers everything they need in one, easy-to-understand policy.
Headquartered in London, CFC serves more than 70,000 businesses in over 80 countries. We’re privately held and growing faster than any of our competitors in the market.
Although insurance is a serious business, our culture isn’t too corporate and we never take ourselves too seriously. We are ‘one-team’ and enjoy a culture of openness and encouragement. We invest heavily in the learning and development of our people and enjoy a fast-paced working atmosphere that is friendly, supportive, and fun.
|An Assistant Claims Adjuster is required to further strengthen CFC’s claims team and to ensure that CFC continues to deliver a high-quality claims service to policyholders, brokers, underwriters and capacity providers. Seeking a conscientious and hardworking professional that is looking for an opportunity in the Emerging Risks space. This role is ideal for someone who is looking to start their career in a claims team with a view to becoming a claims adjuster. Previous experiences within the insurance industry would be beneficial, but is not necessary as it is an entry level position. The role will involve assisting the claims adjusters on the Emerging Risks team and learn the lifecycle of the claims process.
The role of the Assistant Claims Adjuster will involve working closely with CFC colleagues within the Claims, Underwriting, Finance, IT and Products teams whilst being subject to all relevant legal and statutory (including FCA and Lloyd’s) requirements and obligations.
|• Ensure CFC’s claims department continues to act as an effective TPA for its capacity providers in accordance with binding authority SLAs & claims handling agreements, with adherence to Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) and Conduct Risk.
• Assist with the handling of Technology, Media, Intellectual Property and Life Science claims in accordance with CFC Claims Handling Guidelines from first notification of loss (FNOL) to settlement (including coverage, legal liability and quantum analysis) within the scope of CFC’s delegated authorities.
• Support the Emerging Risks claims team with administrative tasks, projects and reporting.
• Foster good relationships with colleagues, policyholders, brokers, underwriters and capacity providers, and drive excellent customer service.
• Support the team with identifying and pursuing relevant third party recoveries and seeking to reduce claims leakage.
• The ability to prioritise where necessary, identifying deadlines such as those stipulated within lawsuits, demand letters and in addressing claims queries.
• Work closely with CFC’s panel of service providers to ensure a quality and value for money service is provided/received within required timeframes and relevant attorney/adjuster guidelines.
• General claims administrative duties such as electronic file management filing and payment requests, and the production of management information.
• Identify and escalate claims related issues to the Claims Manager and the Claims Director where necessary.
|• Good verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to operate under pressure.
• Willingness to learn and challenge the status quo.
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude.
|• Educated to A-Level or equivalent standard.|